Employment Pass Services
If you are a foreign business with plans to extend your presence to Singapore, or perhaps a local firm looking to employ individuals from abroad, you've come to the right place. Applying for new Employment Passes and renewals can be complex and exceptionally time-consuming for those who are new to these processes.
Allow yourself to focus on revenue-generating activities and enjoy peace of mind and leave the application process to us. We allocate experienced Employment Pass Specialists who can help your business plan and track the progress of applications, prepare proper documentation, liaise with the Ministry of Manpower, and file for appeals if necessary.
Our Employment Pass Specialists are licensed by the Ministry of Manpower and adhere to high standards of professional conduct. They are also well versed in the latest happenings in the industry and are familiar with different types of employment passes and processes. However, as the complexity of each case varies and the outcome is at MOM’s discretion, we seek your understanding in acknowledging that are unable to guarantee the success of each application.
What is an Employment Pass?
An Employment Pass or EP is a Singapore work visa issued by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower to foreign professional employees, managers, and owners or directors of Singaporean companies. This work visa allows one to live and work in Singapore, as well as travel in and out of the country without having to apply for entry visas. It is a work visa scheme designed for foreign professionals with specialised skills, managers, and company directors who want to work and live in Singapore.
What kind of Employment Pass services are provided?
Kingsforce will assist your company in applying for employment passes as well as see to the following:
- Collection of relevant documents needed for application
- Case-by-case consultation and overseeing of MOM pre-application self-assessment
- Monitoring of application status and requests for additional information from MOM
- Putting up of job advertisement in MyCareersFuture*
- Perform university/certification check
- Appeal Attempt (If the application is unsuccessful)
If results are successful, we will arrange for:
- Quarantine hotel arrangement
- Housing (Additional, if requires)
- Transport pick up (if required)
- Pre-employment check-up (if required)
Who is applicable to apply for an Employment Pass?
- Have a job offer in Singapore
- Work in a specialised, executive, or managerial job
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,500 (older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries)
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications, or specialised skills
What are the documents needed for the application of an Employment Pass?
- An EP Application Form, duly endorsed by the employing Singapore company
- A copy of the employee’s latest resume and relevant educational certificates
- References/testimonials from previous employers
- A passport-size photograph of the employee, taken within the past three months
- A copy of the personal particulars page of the employee’s passport
- A copy of the business profile of the employing Singapore company
- A detailed description of the job duties
- A detailed description of the activities and/or products of the employing Singapore company
Do note: You will need to have any non-English documents officially translated into English.
How long is an Employment Pass valid for?
The duration of the pass is as follows:
- First-time candidates: up to 2 years
- Renewals: up to 3 years
The application of an Employment Pass is a complicated and tedious process. We strongly encourage companies to use a corporate services provider who can offer expert advice throughout the Employment pass application process. If you or someone you know requires assistance with applying for an Employment Pass in Singapore, call us at +65 6324 3828 or send us an email here.
*As a part of the Fair Consideration Framework in Singapore, companies must first advertise the vacant position on the MyCareersFuture for at least 28 days before applying for an EP.
Singapore companies are not required to post on the job board under the following conditions:
- The company has 10 or fewer employees.
- The position pays a fixed monthly salary of S$20,000 per month and above.
- The job is to be filled by an intra-corporate transferee (i.e. those holding senior positions in the company or have an advanced level of expertise).
- The job is necessary for no longer than one month.
For more information, visit: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/employment-pass